Apotek Skin Care Products Washington DC
Capitol Heights, MD
Falls Church, VA
Silver Spring, MD
Falls Church, VA
Upper Marlboro, MD
By: John Russell
Most people strive to look fit and healthy, which equates to trying to look younger. It's a well-known fact that the best anti-aging procedure is the daily application of a good (15 or above SPF) sun block for both UVA and UVB rays. The free radicals found in the rays of the sun cause wrinkling and sagging of the skin by damaging the collagen and elastin.
Scowling, frowning and wrinkling the delicate skin around the eyes should also be avoided to minimize the formation of deep wrinkles and fine lines.
A rich eye cream is useful for warding off some wrinkling. However, for someone who has neglected sun block in the past or who already has the beginning of lines and wrinkles, it's possible to utilize something a little more in-depth than anti-aging moisturizing creams.
There are a plethora of anti-aging treatments available by a professional. Many of the procedures performed in the U.S. are noninvasive, also called "lunchtime procedures", and following is a brief description of the most often used:
- Microdermabrasion is popular among the 20-somethings because it will smooth the surface of the skin, an issue especially if acne scars are present. Skin tone is also improved. A fine spray of crystals are blasted onto the skin, removing the topmost cells. Desired results may be achieved in fewer than a dozen treatments, spaced approximately 2 weeks apart.
- Botox Injections are another popular anti-aging procedure. The botox prevents a person from moving facial muscles where it has been injected, thus preventing further wrinkle formation. The effect may last as long as six months.
- Liposuction is a fairly expensive procedure with a down-time of at least a week. It is used to contour the body by removing excess fat cells from just below the skin.
- Fillers are used to plump up skin for 4-12 months. Youthful skin is firmer and fuller than aging skin because it has plenty of collagen, which may have been lost due to the passing of time and sun damage. Depending on the area being treated the doctor will choose human collagen, bovine collagen or any of several other popular fillers.
- Lasers are an anti-aging tool that can correct baggy eyes, brown spots and leg veins. Some lasers can actually tighten the skin. Several sessions will usually be necessary.
- Blepharoplasty is a way to dramatically smooth out both the upper and lower eyelids using a minimally invasive technique.
- Chemical peels are useful to all ages because the formula is customized to each patient. Gentle glycolic acid peels can be used with great success by young people, but for someone with deep wrinkles, many brown spots, or uneven skin patches, slightly harsher peels can be used. A doctor will be the best source of advice in this matter.
With careful treatment (anti-aging skin moisturizing cream, rich eye cream) and protection (sunscreen, sun glasses to cut down on squinting) of the skin in early years, a complete face lift can be avoided and one of the previously described treatments may produce the effect of a healthy, glowing complexion in later years.
John Russell of IH Distribution, LLC brings you health, anti-aging and skin care products from around the world. Find fabulous skin care tips and great articles on a wide range of topics for women at http://www.hormones-beauty-health.com
Copyright © 2008 by BodyZine.com. All Rights Reserved.All information contained at BodyZine.com is for informational purposes only. Consult a physician before taking and supplements or starting any diet or training program. We do not assume liability for the practice of the data included in this site. By reading the site, you release the owners of the site and authors of articles from any liability that may occur.
American College of Surgeons 102nd Annual Clinical Congress
Dates: 10/16/2016 – 10/20/2016
Walter E. Washington Convention Center Washington
801 Mount Vernon Place NW
The American College of Surgeons is a scientific and educational association of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient by setting high standards for surgical education and practice.The Clinical Congress is designed to provide individuals with a wide range of learning opportunities, activities, and experiences that will match their educational and professional development needs.Approximately15,000 domestic and international surgeons will gather...for one of the largest surgical meetings of its kind. Our attendees come highly motivated to participate in our advanced educational programs. They also look forward to the technical exhibits and view them as a logical extension of the educational experience.If the American College of Surgeons 102nd Annual Clinical Congress is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.